Headlight Recon' - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire
Headlight Recon'

Ive bought a set of headlights for projector\HID modding but they are a little worse for wear.

There are several scratches\dents in the lens. Ive opened the headlights up and removed the lens itself and as i was cleaning them with hot water, some of the film started peeling away (didnt even know this was on headlights). The film has peeled off the top half off both lenses but the bottom half wont budge.

Luckily some of the dents and marks are only in this film making damage to the lens minimal. Ive wet&dried the front of one lens and the marks\dents are coming out nicely but its alot of effort to remove the rest of this film. Anyone got any ideas for removing it easily?

Is this film important?

If i just polish the lenses up and use them on my car without the lenses what are the likely implications?

I can only find that crappy chav tinting spray on the internet - can the original type of film be purchased?

Thanks for any help.

2002 156 Selespeed Sportwagon|Koni FSD Dampers|Eibach Pro Springs|Fully Powerflexed Front & Rear|Eibach Sports Stabiliser ARB's|Lightweight Flywheel|Lighweight Crank Pulley|Colombo & Bariani Cams|Ported by Peak Alfa|Custom Remap by Gus|Wiechers Aluminium Strut Brace|GTA Uprights & Brembo 330mm Conversion|276mm GTA Rear's|GTA Steering Rack |Custom K&N Intake Pipe & Induction|Brand new Gearbox/Actuator|Quaife LSD|CF2 Decat Manifolds|Supersprint Centre Section|CSC Duplex Exhaust|GTA Interior

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

headlight , recon