Another 147JTD battery draining issue - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTD

Originally Posted by gtv160 View Post
Hopefully that is it sorted for you now. As for the meter, well we have all been there
We have all done it once put a meter on amps across a 415v Emersion heater on the hot well of an industrial boiler I cacked my pants when the breaker blew fried the the meter probes and put the boiler into an uncontrolled shut down the boiler started to dance about as soon as the flow of water stopped never moved so fast out of a room lol!
gtv160 likes this.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
As others have said do this on 240 or 415 or even higher and you will never do it again - the bang is quite spectacular and sometimes caused personal injury. High enough voltage and therefore current flow and the leads and meter melt (explode) in your hands.

If your meter isn't fused have a look for a set of leads where a fuse is built into the positive probe; I had a quick look but they are all quite expensive or, the cheap ones, are only rated at 0.2A - perhaps you can change the fuse for higher rating but that might not protect the meter but it would give better protection to you.
County: -England

Member car:

Similar problem fixed at last!

I have had a similar problem with the battery on my 156 draining overnight. The only time I could start in the morning was to jump using my RAC jump starter unit!
The problem was found (by my local garage) to be in the lighting module. A parking light function was malfunctioning and causing a big drain. Once this feature was disabled it ran perfect!
Get your local trustworthy garage man to take a look.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147jtd , battery , draining , issue