2002 Sportswagon 2.5 V6 24V Key Code - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Eastern Cape
2002 Sportswagon 2.5 V6 24V Key Code

Hi guys, I have a 2002 2.5 V6 24V Sportswagon that does not want to start. The motor snapped a cambelt and was repaired by a Alfa Romeo workshop. The problem is that now the engine does not want to start.(still at the workshop) I have noticed that when you put the key in the ignition and turn to MAR the Key Code light does not go off. I have tried both the keys but Key Code light is not going off. Even when you turn the motor over the light stays on.
Thank you guys...
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
If the keycode light is on, don't waste your time spinning the engine over - all you will do is flatten the battery. Common causes of this problem are disturbing the wiring to the relays in front of the battery - check the relays and the wiring into the relay blocks, and also failing to ensure that all earths are reconnected to the engine. You can also check the two plugs into the code box (mounted above the underdash fuse box, at least on UK cars) - unplugging and reconnecting these can cure a high resistance fault.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

2002 , 24v , code , key , sportswagon