daylight instrument illumination????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help daylight instrument illumination?????

I've got a really weird problem, I can't see the centre dash board screen, lefthand mileometer, radio display,aircon temps and fan speed with my headlights off ie during daylight? The minute I switch the sidelights on all is pretty much as I think it should be with dimmable control of everything I've just mentioned. When I turn off the lights the radio display seems to pulse slightly and then everything just fades away. You can just see the values of the displays but not during bright ambient light, I can't find any blown fuses and it's looking expensive? Anyone know what this might be??? first problem I can't seem to fix easily!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

2003 156 JTD 1.9

Re: daylight instrument illumination?????

there must be a 12v ignition supply missing from the display driver electronics but that wouldnt explain the stereo doing it too....odd.

Have you tried switching the stereo on with the ignition off, as its independent and should show whether its still blank on the front when its on the main supply only..
Re: daylight instrument illumination?????

I think I've found the problem. The radio also has a CAN connection. I beleive there are two dimmer settings, one for daylight driving and one for sidelights on driving. I only found out by fiddling with the menu whilst stood still and started dimming the display by accident.
Thanks for you reply anyway!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

daylight , illumination , instrument