New mcsf fix??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Africa

Member car:

156 2.5 v6 SW

New mcsf fix???

Okay, so I drive a 2002 cf3 2.5 v6 SW, motor overhauled @ 160 000 km. It has a new AFM yada yada yada.

Recently, had major cold start problems, or major to me as I hate an even slightly sick motor.

Had cold start jerkiness, rich lean rich lean rich all over the place fuelling until OT.

Had a rummage through earth leads, lambda leads. AFM leads etc. Bought a new battery, a 652 willard unit and lotsa ecu resets, still crappy running.

I eventually realised I'd not thoroughly enough inspected the fuses went to interior panel, drivers side, the fuse panel above the main one pulled em all out and was surprised to find injector/ CODE fuse burnt but melted in a way it seemed to make continuity.

Replaced it, still mcsf, went to battery fuses and relays and swopped aircon relay and injector relay, problem fixed, replaced the swopped faulty relay originally from the injector circuit et voila no more mcsf, for soooo far 2000 km.

Hope this helps, never thought of the relays TBH, and cheap (and easy....)fixes on ze alfa are as rare as a GTA on its original diff

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fix , mcsf