3.2 Exhaust - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Australia
3.2 Exhaust

Hi all

I have just ordered the rear decat pipes for the blue thing and I am contemplating buying the centre muffler replacement pipe, in other words no centre muffler. Is the noise this undoubtedly creates livable or is this a bad idea? The Australian GT already has a duel outlet back box so I am concerned my wife will not like the excess noise. Any advice sincerely appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 2201
County: Gauteng
The slightly bigger V6 (3.0 / 3.2) is susceptible to highway droning if to much is taken out the exhaust ... Two boxes (centre / rear) are minimum IMHO. My 3.0 is on the verge of too much; I have two boxes in there.

When my racer came from the exhaust shop with only a rear box - even for a racer - I could not live with that; I had a center box added.

I am not saying don't do it as this is very subjective to each person - Just be cautious if other people also need to live with the car.
AO Member
County: Dorset
Sod the wife! Let that 3.2 roar.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 15-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Australia
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
Sod the wife! Let that 3.2 roar.
Have decat pipe and ordered pipe to remove the centre muffler. Let the noise begin!!!

Ive had CF2 Manifolds (No cats) put on and Un-Equal length Downpipes, and a Custom Cat back with just the Backbox, No Mid box.
I bought the De-Cat and fitted it so in other words, I had no Boxes except the Back Box, as Mentioned by Gertie it Does Drone rather at higher speeds, and at Idle it is Loud and the Cabin noise was not bad but enough I couldn't hear the radio when it comes on at the level when you turn the car on.
So I put the Cat back on, the Under car Cats and Just Backbox is a good balance tbh, No Real Drone what so ever, and not Punishingly loud on idle and the Cabin noise is more pleasurable.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT