Puzzling problem (JTD) - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Re: Puzzling problem (JTD)

Just a thought, and it would only work if all parties are in agreement...
If you were to pop up to German automotive and get the diag, rather than splash out on injectors at 140quid each as a gamble, we could swap mine/yours/yours/mine as a process of elimination to see if a different injector solves the problem?
We both have cars with same running fault.
My injectors end in digits 068 by the way.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 20-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

02 156 2.4 JTD

Right, just a quick update!

It went back in again on Friday and the electrics were checked and the air con regassed as the examiner said there was a problem with the AC pressure switch and the pressure within the compressor was low. And since taking it for a long run over the past two nights, it has hardly done it since bar one or two slight moments of madness.

However. When the compressor for the AC kicks in the revs start to fluctulate between normal tick over speed, and just above the solid red block at the bottom of the rev counter. While doing this it makes a noise which can be likened to a rusty wheel barrow been pushed. This happens at 3 second intervals more or less on matter what speed you do. When at low speed such as traffic jams it can make for rather a jerky ride.

Yet turn the AC off and all is well, stable revs and all. Any idea's? I was thinking of the crank sensor but that would mean revs all over the place all the time.

***Italian car fans required***
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

could it be something to do with the a/c pump i am realy no expert but wheelbarrow sound could be pump seizing which surely would put strain on the engine via belt (just a guess)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , problem , puzzling