GT headlights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 31-10-15 Thread Starter
County: -
GT headlights

Hoi ! First post here

I have a question regarding headlights! I have a alfa GT with blackline headlights, my brother was doin some work in the garage where i park it, long story short he managed to accidentaly crack the lens on the left unit. Now this is no big deal i thought, i just buy a new lens and swap! But im having a hard time finding it, i only find entire new headlight units.. anybody have any idea where to find just the lens? or where to find the cheapest headlight units so i can take the lens off and swap?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
There are loads of indies on here in the traders section,( ) who should be able to help one way or another.

Not sure you can get the lense om it's own as you need to put them in the oven to get them apart
AO Platinum Member
County: Kent
Separate lenses will not be available. Polycarbonate lens are glued to the housing. Some people have been able to take the lamps apart to refinish the chrome bezels to black for a Gta look. It may be worth a search.
AO Member
County: Stockholm
Heat for a few minutes om very low heat in the oven (I used 50C). When the sealant starts to become soft to the touch it's ready to be scraped off, and the lens gently and patiently prized off.
Not difficult at all but a bit of a time consuming bit of work with patience involved.

Then mask off both the outer most part of the lens so you don't get sealant all over it and mask off the part of the housing outside of the place for the sealant. Fill up the gap again with some black bathroom sealant an overdo it. That way it will overflow and you'll be sure not to have any air pockets giving you condensation.
The sealant that now got squeezed out will hopefully only be on the masking tape and will be a breeze to remove for a nice and clean lense install.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT