147 Q2 Sport MY2007 advice required - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Question 147 Q2 Sport MY2007 advice required

Dear AO members,
I am seeking some advice regarding my 147 Q2 Sport. It recently suffered an increase in temperature and, not wanting to risk any damage to the engine, decided to get the water pump (suspected failure) changed. Unfortunately, when doing so, the mechanic working on the vehicle noticed that the bolt that holds the aux belt pulley appeared to have what looked like the remains of the aluminium threads still on the bolt, suggesting that the threads had been pulled out of the engine end casing. As this bolt is extremely difficult to get to, retapping it requires the engine to be dropped, or at least lowered, in the engine bay to allow the hole to be retapped from inside the wheel arch. As this is expected to cost many £££ I am wondering if I want to spend more money on the car.

A little background...The car has been CAT D'd due to my boss hitting the door and rear wing while reversing out of our car park. The damage was superficial but, as it was the rear wing as well, it was felt the cost was prohibitive. I replaced the door and made good the rear wing and re-MOT'd it.

The reason I seek advice from you guys is that, as this car is the limited edition Q2 with the diff etc. would any of you guys be interested in buying the car in it's current condition to either restore or use for parts? Obviously I am not looking for much money, rather I would love to see someone in the Alfa community save the car from ending up in a scrapyard somewhere!

Kind regards,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , advice , my2007 , required , sport