156 Rear Transverse Arms - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

156 Rear Transverse Arms

Hi folks

I have managed to buckle my rear offside long Transverse Arm driving out of my rocky driveway. So now that my back end feels a little light headed I shall have to replace it.

So while I am there do I need to buy any other parts or can this just be replaced, do I need new bushes, is it best to replace them on both sides, I am not keen on throwing money at it but at the same time don't want to start re visiting the same area to replace a part that has failed because something down the chain of links has been replaced.

I was going to use EB Spares in Wiltshire for the parts and am looking for somewhere near Manchester to check my wheel alignment afterwards so any help there would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: 156 Rear Transverse Arms

Bars come with bushes, but check the small hub bush while you are under there ... it's the one mounted in the hub assembly and connects to the TRAILING arm (the ones that run forward, not across).

I think the issue will be the mounting bolts so be prepared with some new parts and possibly some hacksaw blades, etc!
AO Platinum Member
County: herts

Had to replace the o/s on her 147, which was bent, when we first got it. Nice easy, no hassle job, so no real problems, unless like Gazza says you are up against rust and seizure.:
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 10-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

Sprayed all with WD 40 has looking rusty, once ordered will wait for the parts to arrive before I try and seperate everything.

So many thanks peeps this is a work in progress so will let you know how got on - fingers crossed it stays a simple fix.

Do I need to get the Tracking done as it is just a straight forward like for like replacement?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , arms , rear , transverse