Alfa 147 - Clockspring problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Alfa 147 - Clockspring problem

Hello everybody, I have had a akward expirience today that I want to share with u and ask if someone knows something better than me...
I own the beautiful Alfa Romeo 147, 1.6TS - 2006 (facelift)
So here is the thing...
I ordered the clockspring from a scrapyard, and it arrived today.
I already bought the steering buttons and electronics behind airbag. So everything fits perfect exept one thing! The clockspring...
My old clockspring is used just for the airbag and siren, i bought new one with different pinout, and everything is okay I can connect everything but clockspring just don't want to fit, mainly it cannot fit to the steering angle sensor, those theets don't fit in..

So maybe someone knows why? Can it the prefacelift clockspring be different than the facelift version or it is something else...

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

Hi, I can't help on this.. but hope you can shed some light on my problem.
I took my 147 to a garage several months ago to have the wiper stalk replaced as I had no screenwash working on the front. Had the stalk replaced and ever since my indicator's don't self cancel, I have to manually do it every time when on a roundabout or crossroads or whatever- very frustrating. Somebody told me the clock spring is faulty, I've not had it looked at yet but seeing this thread kicked me on to get it fixed. Why did you replace the clock spring and is it easy to do? does it even relate to the indicators?

Hope someone can come along and help us both out
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 21-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Hello friend, as far ar147 concernes the clockspring have nothing to do with stalk unit. Your problem could be just the switch. But for dissasembly its fairly easy job to do. Cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , clockspring , problem