147 CF4 engine issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

147 DC

Unhappy 147 CF4 engine issues

i have a 147 with CF4 engine , and have had egr blanked and patched in software. i have also had the metal swirl flaps removed and software patch installed.
my question is what sort of problems/issues has anyone had after doing this mod. my MPG is at best 39mpg and although the performance is pretty good i have great plumes of smoke out the back at various times , usually after coasting along and then accelerating
i have put cataclean through once, i have checked and cleaned carefully the MAP & MAF sensors, also checked pipework for leakages or holes, i think the car is overfuelling.
Should the swirl flap holes be blocked, or maybe a rolling road/remap.
What problems/issues has anyone else had?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

I've considered removing the swirl flaps too, but have decided against it as I've read mixed reviews on here about people that've had it done. My plan is too blank off the egr soon then when my next cambelt change is due, probably renew the inlet manifold and hope the flaps stay intact.
AO Silver Member
County: Carmarthenshire
When i had the head off my jtdm 147 i had all the valves cleaned and ground cleaned the egr valve the flaps and manifold re assembled and it runs perfectly. All standard now and drives like a dream . Just completed an 800 mile round trip to Cumbris (Honnister Pass) and over to North Yorkshire and hoe to South Wales . Perfect,, and 49 mpg with some enthusiastic driving.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , cf4 , engine , issues