Ok, I may be mad but after all of the work I have had done I'm considering changing cars....
I love my GT blackline but in all the time I have owned her have not managed to completely put the Brera out of my mind, A change of jobs has instigated this current idea as my weekly mileage is about to be drastically reduced..a diesel is no longer a necessity.
so here we go...the next bit of elective work I planned to do is FMIC ,under sealing and a tweak to the map, I will also fit a hybrid turbo supplied by alfadoit when he upgrades, this means I will spend around £1200 in the next 3 months..
so far I have had
1) Quaife diff
4)swirl flap delete
5)de-cat down pipe
8)stage one clutch and brand new DMF
9)new drivers side door handle (we have all been there!)
cambelt and water pump were done by the dealer i purchased the car from, service history is full and bang up to date.
the car goes well..I even have 4 brand new tyres in the garage ready to go on for the MOT...it will pass with no advisories, already been inspected..
other little bits are cosmetic like black and silver bonnet and boot badges and wheel centre caps and a really nice simone racing leather gear Knob.
the car is a minter
inside is 100%
outside 90%, but with a bit of time spent with a buffing wheel t-cut and some minor touch ups would easily be almost perfect.
I value the car at somewhere between around 5k depending on the buyer and what the market is doing at present, I think I can safely assume anyone on here wanting a really sorted GT would happily hand over £that for it no questions asked.
this probably only covers what I have spent on it to be honest but there you go!
so my quandary is this....
for the £1200 i'm about to spend I could easily go and PX my car for a 3.2 V6 Brera or sell it and then go and buy the aforementioned brera and have some cash over....
the going rate for these is around the 4.5 upwards, I could do it for 6k and get a good one meaning i have spent what i was going to anyway !
the main points for are
1) I miss the petrol engine
2) i like the sky! my last car was convertible and the SV roof is desirable for me.
3) I have always wanted a brera the 2.2 was dull to drive and I don't want another derv if i change car so the 2.4 is out, the 3.2 on paper looks the answer.
4) weekly mileage going down means fuel won't be an issue, rd tax is almost the same.
5) my current car is on modified insurance meaning its expensive, the brera would stay stock. =cheaper insurance
6) i fancy a change
7) have just bought wife new car so her old one is available as interim car meaning i can wait for the right brera.
the points against
1) used car is always a risk/unknown quantity
2) I would be throwing time money and effort down the drain
3) the handling won't be as good
4) the Brera has a JTS engine..my previous GT had the 2.0 JTS and they can be problematic.
I am aware this idea has no basis in financial or common sense but sometimes you just have an itch that needs scratching...
on the plus side one of you gents could inherit a fantastic modded GT for half the cost of what it would take for you to buy one and do it yourself...
all so I can go and indulge my completely nonsensical desires and impulses...I must be mental to even be considering it!
cheers for the input