Selespeed P1741 failure after clutch bearing change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-09-15 Thread Starter
County: Lithuania
Selespeed P1741 failure after clutch bearing change

Hi All,

My Alfa 147 2.0 selespeed had recently stuck on 1 gear. I was able to manually release it to N and get to the local Alfa garage. They told clutch bearing died and changed it.

But after all Selespeed failure sign appeared on the dashboard with flashing current gear indicator. The car is able to select only 1 and 2 gears and I'm able to drive it forward, however engagement is very slowly. They told examiner didn't show any errors and the only recommendation I've got from them is to buy a new actuator... Apparently they are not very experienced with selespeeds

When I connected to Selespeed ECU with MultiEcuScan, it showed P1741 Engagement sensor failure - Signal high.

Pressure is within limits, all valves click when I test them, clutch rod adjusted from 31 to 28,3 mm.

I have an old actuator, so I unscrewed sensors from it and played with these three sensors for a while and discovered that if I connect a wire from engagement sensor to clutch sensor error disappears. I swapped the sensors, but again got P1741. Then I noticed, that if I turn the sensor 90 degree ccw with a screwdriver error disappears. But the position of the rod under the engagement sensor does not allow me to put it with the spring under tension. If the rod was 90 ccw it would be ok.

So the questions:

1. Is it needed to take off the actuator to change the clutch bearing?
2. Is it possible that they didn't installed it back in a correct way?
3. Is it worth buying a brand new sensor?
4. Any suggestions, please?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , selespeed , sensor