156 Head gasket replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9JTD 2005

Help 156 Head gasket replacement

Anyone got some ideas for me ???? i have recently replaced the head gasket/water pump/etc as it failed and you know the rest . everything has gone back together ok but it is a pig to start now ? one turn of the key but 6ish turns of the crank and a squirt or juice gets her fired up , once fired she runs pretty well , sounds nice ,tight to throttle etc , i have checked everything from top to bottom but cannot suss it out, i have taken it to my local alfa workshop who charged me 200 to dignostic test it but showed no error codes although the compression test revealed instead of 140psi compression i am getting 125psi on cylinder 1 ,75psi on cylinders 2 and 3 and 90 psi on cylinder 4. i have just picked her up and intend on stripping her down again tomorrow as the alfa guys reckon its a valve problem but i never had a valve problem before the head gasket went,although i had to replace an exhaust valve as it had blown the edge off but signs were that this was an old fault thus giving me a flat spot on ecceleration. anyone got any ideas for me before i commence another strip down ?? cheers guys........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , gasket , head , replacement