Help with a part number...and another question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Help with a part number...and another question

Hello all,

Just had a service done on my 156 2.0TS and apparently there's a hose with a very small leak in it that needs replacing. Can you help me with the part number please? It's a short rubber hose that connects the oil pump to the oil radiator (as far as I can remember) that carries coolant. I think that's right anyway, I can't remember exactly what the guy said.

Also, I was told that there's excessive movement in the lower front wishbone balljoints and the rear hub bushes, does anyone know what detrimental effects these two issues have and how much it would usually cost to sort them?

Thanks for any help,

p.s. my apologies if any of that doesn't make perfect sense!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Re: Help with a part number...and another question

hello timmy. i see u r new to this site so welcome. The hub bushes r a known fault to finish on alfa's as mine on my 147 r gone. They r due to be replaced and i will be using bushes from a company called POWERFLEX. If u do replace them then dont replace them with original alfa ones. The effect of hub bushes going is wear on your tyres. As for the pipe i m not sure but i would imagine the best place for that would be a scrap yard or just get a quote from dealers to see how much they charge. I hope that helps you matey
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire

The pipe you are asking about is 60601142 (part no 3 in attached diagram) and cost around £5 each!!! I'd replace both if you are doing them as if ones leaking the other is sure to fail soon. You might find it is fairly standard sized rubber hose and available for much less than that at your local car parts supplier.

You will probably also need two new hose clips 60618027 per pipe (part 2 in diagram) or small 25mm jubilee clips. The original clips need a special tool to remove and replace them. And obviously replacement coolant mix!!

I have a small leak in the same place pic_link and think it will be easier to replace these with the oil filter removed. However take care when changing as the pipes connecting to the heat exchanger on the oil filter have been known to break.

If you have play in the lower ball-joints then you will have to replace the entire lower arm as they don't come as separate items. You can buy powerflex-ready ones from EB Spares or Alfaman.

The rear hub bushes are replaceable as separate items though (both standard for about £5 each or powerflex versions for a lot more!). How easy they are to change will depend on how they put the car together at the factory .. if the bolt holding the hub to the trailing arms is the wrong round, it will not come out without fiddling with the brakes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa_cooling_2.jpg (35.2 KB, 21 views)

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Last edited by gazza82; 21-09-07 at 13:51.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 22-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Thank you very much for that Gazza, that was everything I needed in one go. I thought it might be you who'd reply!
I take it I wouldn't be able to replace the suspension parts myself, so do you think it'd be better to buy them from the places you suggested and let someone else fit them or just let someone else do everything on their own accord?

I do have another question - I was reading some of your posts and something came up about brake discs that I found a little worrying. I Know that 2.0TSs have vented discs at the front, but at the minute mine are solid. The previous owner changed them and i guess he just wanted to skimp a bit, and they are almost brand new. Is it a bad thing to have solid discs and for what reason? Should I change them?

Thanks for all your help so far, I'm very grateful.
Sam goes for you emranvalera, thanks for the response.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

numberand , part , question