Dreaded Aircon Posts :-) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-09-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Warning Dreaded Aircon Posts :-)

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and put several posts up so far and have had loads of responses, so many, many thanks to everyone.

I've been through and searched for air con problems on a 147 and looks as though most 147's are plauged with really poor/ non-functioning air con systems?

I purchased my 147 (1.6 T-Spark Lusso) and love it to bits. The only major problem with it is that the air con has been checkde, re-charged, new fan etc etc but never gets cold. Real shame . Also, the drivers airbag light is always on despite the system check saying all is 'OK'. Have checked under the drivers seat and the yellow cable/wire appears to have undergone somes sort of treatment (tape on it).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I give up on the air con? Is there a repair guide regarding the wires under the drivers seat?

many thanks everyone, will post up some pics at some point

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Dreaded Aircon Posts :-)

Hi. Yep I've given up on the aircon problem. Had new hose & 2 re-gases. Still pretty poor. Last summer (2006) you might remember it was hot not like this year was sheer hell in heavy traffic due to the lack of aircon. OK whilst you're moving as you can let the air in the window. A guy I was speakin to reckons the 166 air con isn't much cop either. So it seems to be an AR thing not just restricted to the 147. Was hoping the GT aircon is better as I was thinking of moving up to a GT

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

aircon , dreaded , posts