156 Central Locking keeps locking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-15 Thread Starter
County: Noord Holland
Hmmm 156 Central Locking keeps locking

Hey all,

Have a central locking issues different from the usual ones: not related to alarm or boot sensor. Can't find any help, so maybe you can help me out.

I have a 156 SW 1.8 from 11-2000, so no alarm fitted and no dash light for central locking. All was fine until recently, both keys working fine and central locking working superb.

Then 2 weeks ago I pushed down one of the central locking pins while driving. No wories, all doors locked as they should. However, when trying to open the doors from the inside central locking immediatly tries to lock all doors again. Ever since, central locking is acting up.

Locking all doors with the remote or wih the key does not work. Boot opening button with both keys works fine, and the keys also seem to send a signal when pressing the lock button but the car does not respond in any way (also no lights). I know the keys are fine since boot works ok, also checked the fuse in the car and that's fine as well.

Finally, and most bizarely, when I lock all doors manually and try to open one door either from the outside with the key or from the inside, central locking tries to lock all doors again. When I let it lock all doors the car is at peace.

When I quickly open the door before central locking relocks, it will try to relock 3 or 4 times until it gives up and then all doors stay open. After that central locking does no show any sign of life regardsless of pressing the remote or using the key in the locks, until I lock all doors individually again.

My final guess was that the receiver is getting a close signal all the time from some fault in the remote, but I know it is not since the symptoms are the same when I remove the batteries from both keys.

Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
I would try giving it a reset by disconnecting the battery; have all the doors shut and unlocked, then reconnect. (You will need your radio code.)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , central , locking