motor control system failure on 156 jts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Help motor control system failure on 156 jts

hi, i would like to clarify something, when this failure light comes on, which mine is, will it go off the minute the failure is rectified? I.E i had an intermittent problem with mine, i took it to an alfa dealer, they checked it out on the machine and advised that number 2 down stream lamba sensor had triggered the failure. they advised that it was a deleted fault (no longer failing) and that it could have failed for a second then rectified and it would still have triggered the failure lights. they then re-set the lights and off i went. the next time it happened i could not book the car in for a week, three days after the light came on it turned itself off. the problem has reared its head again and its been three days now with the light still on. so ...
Does this mean that whatever has failed is still not working?
If it was another intermittent failure will the system reset itself after a certain amount if mileage or time?
Can i reset it myself by disconnecting the battery (i tried this but it did not seem to work the car even remembered the radio code???).
If this is the same lambda sensor i will change it myself but if i do will the lights go out indicating that i changed the right part?
Which one of the 2 downstream sensors is the number 2 , passenger side or drivers side ?
i have seen the "old battery" thread that was posted and the car is running fine no loss of power or hike in mpg so please help if you can.
thanks in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , control , failure , jts , motor , system