Replacement Key and Programming - GT - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 9Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpbailey View Post
Also interested in this, need a spare key for my GTA. Can you give more details Cromwell, prices etc, thanks.
Me also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
hello all, this is my first reply on the forum. I live in Glasgow and have been quoted 330 all in for a replacement key. Unfortunately a garage decided to sell me a car with one key recently..... ive been quoted 217+ vat for the key , 45 for code and 30 to program....does anyone know anyone in Scotland who can help and offer the same service as Cromwell.....?
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus1 View Post
hello all, this is my first reply on the forum. I live in Glasgow and have been quoted 330 all in for a replacement key. Unfortunately a garage decided to sell me a car with one key recently..... ive been quoted 217+ vat for the key , 45 for code and 30 to program....does anyone know anyone in Scotland who can help and offer the same service as Cromwell.....?
If you managed to find this service let me know as i need a spare for my 156. If i come across anyone local i'll get in touch...i'm just out in Kilbarchan.
nimbus1 likes this.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2418
County: West Sussex
Quote:
What Model is your car 147, 156 or GT? If its a 156 whats your vin number? (more than one system on the 156 so i can check what you have)
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdads156jtd View Post
If you managed to find this service let me know as i need a spare for my 156. If i come across anyone local i'll get in touch...i'm just out in Kilbarchan.
Two types of system on the 156 if you can give me your vin number I'll let you know what you have. Later system is easier to DIY if you have a working key already.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
What Model is your car 147, 156 or GT? If its a 156 whats your vin number? (more than one system on the 156 so i can check what you have)
hi Cromwell,

I have the 147 GT - three button key fob....so I understand this is more tricky from what I read. if you can do anything for me it would be appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm a newbie having purchased my GT JTDM only a month ago but with only one key! Cromwell, please could you be able to give me an idea of price for the new key and programming? I'm in Berkshire so not too much hassle to get down to East Sussex.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
Hi guys, I'm a newbie having purchased my GT JTDM only a month ago but with only one key! Cromwell, please could you be able to give me an idea of price for the new key and programming? I'm in Berkshire so not too much hassle to get down to East Sussex.
Can't send you a PM as your a new forum member. But you can email me at Tim@Immoworx.co.uk and i'll get back to you.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
Can't send you a PM as your a new forum member. But you can email me at Tim@Immoworx.co.uk and i'll get back to you.
managed to get a price of 196 from a auto locksmith for a replacement key so will go with that in the next few weeks..

Big thanks to Cromwell for sorting me a new key today for my GT. All done in just about 30 mins with no hassle. Now to decide how I spend the chunk of money saved!
Cromwell likes this.
AO Member

hi mate,

did you manage to find anyone up this way that can provide a replacement key service. I am speaking to auto lock smith in Glasgow currently who can do the programming etc but are trying to find a suitable replacement key without going to *****.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdads156jtd View Post
Club Member
Membro Premio

If you have someone to program it then I can sort out new remote keys for you no problem.

Last edited by Cromwell; 11-01-16 at 16:18.
AO Member

well after several weeks of trying to get a replacement key sorted for my GT it looks as though I am finally going to bite the bullet and go to the stealers.... I've spoken to Cromwell on here who was very helpful and informative but just a shame I don't live closer to him. I also spoke to auto car key company but that looks to have hit a wall with them advising I need to get key from ***** with code - it looks like ***** have us by the **** for replacement keys: 345 for a replacement key is a joke...!!!
VO2Max

Worth noting that Autolusso also do a key replacement service (the main Dunstable location does, I don't know about Penrith or AL South).

Appears to be between 150 and 250 all-in, but you need to attend in person for programming.

Autolusso - Key Programming

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
Worth noting that Autolusso also do a key replacement service (the main Dunstable location does, I don't know about Penrith or AL South).

Appears to be between 150 and 250 all-in, but you need to attend in person for programming.

thanks - I spoke with Dan there at Penrith branch and he's saying the same really - needs to be a new key as they don't do cloning. I might just go with a spare key blade so at least if I lose my key I can get into the car at least. Once thing is for sure, if I ever buy a car going forward I'll be making sure it has 2 keys and not an *****..!!! shame as I'm really enjoying ownership, apart from this malarky...!!
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
well after several weeks of trying to get a replacement key sorted for my GT it looks as though I am finally going to bite the bullet and go to the stealers.... I've spoken to Cromwell on here who was very helpful and informative but just a shame I don't live closer to him. I also spoke to auto car key company but that looks to have hit a wall with them advising I need to get key from ***** with code - it looks like ***** have us by the **** for replacement keys: 345 for a replacement key is a joke...!!!
They've gone up bit since I bought mine.
AO Member

County: Midlothian
Quote:

Have you tried KG Key Services? 0131 660 2924. Or Stevie@ A & E Locksmiths 07798505291. We use both these guys for cutting/programming etc. Not sure if there able to help but worth a call.

Gavin.
AO Member

County: Argyll and Bute

Member car:

alfa GT JTDm

Take the chip out of the working key secure it inside the steering column, now any key can be copied for about 6 and it will start the car.
No more worries about losing keys.
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Garage
Quote:
hi mate,

did you manage to find anyone up this way that can provide a replacement key service. I am speaking to auto lock smith in Glasgow currently who can do the programming etc but are trying to find a suitable replacement key without going to *****.
cheers
No never managed to find anyone, been busy sorting out a dodgy release bearing on the 156 How did you get on with your keys?
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwagon View Post
Take the chip out of the working key secure it inside the steering column, now any key can be copied for about 6 and it will start the car.
No more worries about losing keys.
That's fine but it does compromise the security somewhat.
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6

Just been quoted 320 for a new key, code card and programming for my 156. Robbin barstewards.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by themole View Post
Just been quoted 320 for a new key, code card and programming for my 156. Robbin barstewards.
We can do you a better price than that and we don't charge to program keys we supply, I would need to to provide chassis number, email me ned@autolusso.co.uk

There is a page on our web site about keys and programing

Ned
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Alternatively if you can find alternative transport for a week ( wife's car or lift to work etc ) 1. you buy a genuine second hand used key from flea bay - this will obviously not work with your car and will have the wrong blade also- cost around 20. 2. You buy a remote key fob repair kit with blank blade off Fleabay seen them as cheap as 3.99. 3. Take the blank blade from the cheapo key fob kit and put it in the second hand unit, or take the electricals out of the second hand unit and put them into the cheapo kit whichever you prefer,( the screw is under the alfa badge ). 4. remove the cabin control ecu from under the dash - three allen screws and 6 connectors if my memory serves and 5. Send your working key, second hand key and your control module to Cromwell recorded delivery. Ask him to replace the transponder, copy the key blade and programme the control module to accept the key. He's a top guy, very reasonably priced and will I bet (if you check with him first ) have it all back to you in no time at all.
edwardsuen likes this.

County: -Australia

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6 2.5

Alfa 156 Remote Control receiver

I'm hoping someone can give me guidance. I recently bought a 2005 156 2.5 V6, but it had no remote key. Being keen to have a remote, organised with the dealer for a new key (!!). Took the car in today and they programmed the key - BUT - the remote lock/ unlock doesn't work as they could not get it to 'pair'. The car starts and all that is ok. Said I need to bring it back for more analysis - like take the car apart and check wiring etc. Not keen to spend money on a dealer chasing wiring - if that is what it is. Can anyone enlighten me about what I can do to check/ pair the key for the remote control without needing a dealer? IS this a common problem? i have the key (away from the car) and pressing the buttons there is no LED that lights up on the key( there doesn't seem to be one!)? Is this relevant? TIA. Russ in Australia.

More info - when to check the receiver for the remote control - that I understood was in the boot under the rear parcel shelf - nothing there!!!!!!! Is it somewhere else??????? Please help!!!!

Last edited by m282; 23-04-16 at 07:38. Reason: More information

County: -Australia

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6 2.5

Adding Key to Central Locking Alfa 156

...for anyone who needs to add another/ new key to their central locking on the Alfa 156...I've been trying to do this and thought someone in the future might find my experience helpful....

First, I found the previous owner had removed the central locking receiver from under the parcel shelf in the boot. Went and bought a new unprogrammed one off eBay, but I believe any will work - there is no specific programming required to put a 'new' one in the car from a security perspective. Of course, make sure you get one that is the matching frequency for your country and keys. Mine is 433Mhz like europe.

Second, you will need an interface cable to connect to the receiver via the KLL/ OBD. I bought one from diagnostics.co.uk The one I chose allowed switching on the cable rather than adapter cables. Which in this case is very good - as when switched to 12/13 it also connects K line to pin 11 which is where the central locking receiver is located. Other cables might be different so you need to check the internal wiring of the cable.

Third, you will need the right software to program the remote control receiver. The only one I know that works is AlfaOBD. It allows programming of the remote control.

Fourth, the process to add a new remote control key to the car is (once you have the PIN for programming the receiver - I believe these are all the same for Alfa 156 - PM me if you want it):

Login with password, use the "Login with PIN" button on the first tab or 'Login with Password' from active diagnostic list. VAS97 unit does not report if the login is successful or not.

If the PIN is correct it will allow programming, otherwise programming is rejected.

Select "Remote control storage" from Active diagnostic list.
- The ignition key must be in 'STOP'
- The Alarm control unit emergency key must be 'ON' if you have one fitted
Click 'START' and within next 15 seconds activate the remote control for at least 2 seconds. If the program reports "Procedure is not supported" it can mean that the PIN is not accepted.

Click 'Next' to store another code ( and activate next remote for 2 seconds), 'End' to save codes to memory, 'Stop' to abort storage. Do not click 'End' to abort!

Thats it. Mine is a 2 button remote, but I'm seeing if I can add a 3 button remote (from a different Alfa) to the receiver. Will let you know how I go....

Hope this helps someone...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
key , programming , replacement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page