GSR intake kit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 12-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
GSR intake kit

Hi guys

I am getting an intake (GSR intake kit) made for my 147 gta and the guy wanted some details first. However I'm ashamed to say I'd have trouble simply changing the oil let alone know these technical details he's asking of me.

what he wants to know is the outer bore or diameter of the throttle body and measurements how deep can a cone go inside the wheel arch

does anyone know these details off the top of their head? I've searched a lot but all I came up with was people arguing about wether or not to put a ferrari throttle body or keep it stock but no info on the stock ones

your help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by ViSix; 12-08-15 at 11:15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 10 Old 12-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Actually,yikes I just saw this thread on a GSR induction kit. Made me doubt it now http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...tion-hose.html (GSR Air-Flow Induction Hose)

How can a product be so polarising? On one hand people are saying how it's the best induction kit out there on the other there's the nightmare I linked above
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

I think it was Pete that used to make these. Like a one man band. I had one on my old punto. Did help it.

I am sure it would help the TS too but they are expensive.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Only really value for money if you're trying to extract every last bit of potential, and even then it's still a bit of a one man band outfit, what happens if it fails in some way that means you need a new engine?

Who is going to pay for that?

Warranty? Liability Insurance??

The Torque 7 site is better than Pete's ever was but it's still only been around since early this year, and although they are a limited company you have no idea what you're getting. Seem to have gone out of business once already and sprung back to life as another company with a slightly different name...

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior

Last edited by GhostyDog; 12-08-15 at 12:49.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

Doubt an air filter and some silicone pipe will destroy your engine...
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyf View Post
Doubt an air filter and some silicone pipe will destroy your engine...
Considering the one that was made substandard before collapsed on itself, lets see what happens in a scenario where one collapses, maybe tears and then gets sucked into the engine...

There's fairly low risk as long as it's made correctly but, even if something bad did happen, at least with a company like K&N you know there will be some recompense if there's a manufacturing fault that causes damage.
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 13-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the feedback

Does anyone know the diameter of the 147 GTA throttle body?

Garage
Torque 7 GSR Induction Kit for GQV

Hi all

I just fitted a GSR kit on my 2011 GQV and so far so good. I'm re-mapping on the Dyno in a few weeks so would be interesting to see the results including whether the hoses collapse under full throttle although im pretty confident they wont.

Also I had a number of extensive conversations with Torque 7 owner Arthur, I was/am convinced that this guy knows his stuff, significantly improving the manufacturing process of the silicone hoses which had a bad reputation in the past. He explained in a long thought out reply that although the previous owner was a good engineer, some of the previous kits had problems and that there are more robust thicker increased number of silicone layers on the newer kits so there shouldn't be any issues with them collapsing.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2k View Post
Hi all

I just fitted a GSR kit on my 2011 GQV and so far so good. I'm re-mapping on the Dyno in a few weeks so would be interesting to see the results including whether the hoses collapse under full throttle although im pretty confident they wont.

Also I had a number of extensive conversations with Torque 7 owner Arthur, I was/am convinced that this guy knows his stuff, significantly improving the manufacturing process of the silicone hoses which had a bad reputation in the past. He explained in a long thought out reply that although the previous owner was a good engineer, some of the previous kits had problems and that there are more robust thicker increased number of silicone layers on the newer kits so there shouldn't be any issues with them collapsing.
So far no collapsing of the pipes however, just realised I was only running 177bhp on the dyno. Got the issue fixed (loose vacuum pipe on Turbo) and taking it on the dyno in a couple of weeks.

Garage
Sorry its taken so long to come back to you on this but I have since removed the Induction kit for two technical reasons:

1. No measurable gains.
2. Quality of silicone is compromised owing to potentially a faulty batch.

I have since replaced the stock filter with a K&N and retained the existing airbox and using a Dremel, cut out some breathing squares towards the top of the box to reduce water damage when driving through lakes :P.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
gsr , intake , kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page