156 20V MJET Drive shafts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 07-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Vaud
156 20V MJET Drive shafts

My 156 20MJET SW Ti developed a nasty vibration when accelerating which I suspected was drive shaft related. Call Mangos and nursed the car back from Newcastle. I was told the car needed two new drive shafts (fortunately under warranty). Worringly this is the second set of shafts (previous owner) on a car with only 45k on the clock.

Just been away for week and called in to Mango's - still no car as the parts are on back order. Apparently AR replace/swap warranty items with reconditions parts - of which there are diddly-squat at present.

A little frustrated as Mangos (who as always are doing their best for me) are trying to get AR UK to authorise brand new parts to be supplied. I need the car to be back by Tuesday or AR will need to supply a courtesy car.

I appreciate AR need to be cost conscious but if they are trying to position themselves as a premium brand they can't afford to have customer cars off the road for weeks simply because they haven't a supply of recond parts.

That aside, the 156 and the GT are just superb. Won't touch any other make other than a Maser (dreams.....)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 20v , drive , mjet , shafts