Alfa GT has window issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 08-08-15 Thread Starter
County: -
Alfa GT has window issues

Im new to this forum, so please dont get mad if I place this post at the wrong place.

But to the topic: I have had some problems with my windows lately, where they only raise some centimeters at a time when Im closing the windows. And now I have gotten an another problem with the passenger side window, it is stuck open! Luckily its only open with some few centimeters and I have placed a towel over there so the water dosent go in. I suspect that the passenger side window got a failure after a car wash. Because when I drove from there I could open it and close it (of course with the problem that its only raising some centimeters at a time), but later on the day it got stuck. I can still hear a clicking sound from the passenger door when im pushing the window button, so there has to be something working.

I have read some topics here and some of you guys says that it might work to do a "soft reset"? Where you hold the window button down for 10 secs and then do the same holding the button up. I am going to try this but Im afraid this reset does other things to the car too? Its my daily so I dont want to do things worse. I also have heard that I could try pushing the buttons on the remote key. Didn't understand for how long and how I should do that so if someone could help me that would be great!

Again Im sorry if I post this at the wrong place, and I want to excuse my bad English, not from an English speaking country.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

GT 2.0 JTS

The soft reset of the window does not affect anything else in the car. You can do either side or both at the same time. If there is an underlying fault that is causing a problem though you may need to carry out the procedure every couple of days until the fault is fixed - or the soft reset may not be effective.

Depending on the age of your GT the remote will open and possibly close both windows. Up to about 2007 (I think) open and close was available - after then close was deleted on safety grounds. To operate the windows with the remote button just keep the button pressed 'til the windows operate. When you lock the vehicle with the remote; keeping the button held down closes the windows if they were open. When you unlock the car holding the button opens the windows.

Hope this helps.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 08-08-15 Thread Starter
Thanks so much for the answer!

I was hoping the reset was only for the windows. I tried to do the key remote thing yesterday but I might have done something wrong. Its an 2004.

Going to try the reset now!
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 09-08-15 Thread Starter
So, the drivers side window got fixed! That is now running smoothly, but the passenger window is still stuck. I was talking to my uncle (he sold it to me), and he said that just before selling it he had it at a mechanic that fixed the windows, so Im going to deliver the car there on Monday if I cant get it fixed untill then.

Thanks for the help btw!
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory
Disconnect the battery for about 1/2 hr then reconnect, turn on ignition and fully lower both windows, turn off ignition open and close doors one at a time, the windows should automatically close as you close the doors and self reset

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , issues , window