Bose to facelifted 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-15 Thread Starter
County: Tartumaa (Tartu)

Member car:

AR 147

Bose to facelifted 147

So I upgraded my 01 147 to facelifted 06 what does not have Bose system in it and really need some sound upgrade. I could easily get my hands on to Bose system and I've told that there may be some wiring allready done for sub. Would it be correct? The cover in left is hard to remove so I decided to ask before I figure out how to get behind it.

Another thing would be just replace speakers with Bose ones until I figure out what to do with sub. I've had price for fitting Bose from one audioshop and they told that the work would be same price as new aftermarket system+fitting in :S . Dont know ...was happy with Bose and as I kind of allready have this system would need to know the pain for fitting it to the 06 facelift.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Hi there, I fitted a Bose system to my 147 a couple of years ago, if you can get hold of one they can be fitted quite easily. Firstly make sure you have the power connector in the boot of the car, it should be under the carpet on the left hand side. If you are sure you want to go with the Bose I would go for the whole system, amp, sub and speakers or you won't get the best sound. Check this installation guide: - (Full BOSE retro-fit Guide.)

Good luck!

147 Sport Q2: Autolusso Remap + Swirl Flap & EGR Delete, Mocal Oil Cooler Kit, JTD Performance FMIC Kit + High Flow Elbow, Wizard Downpipe, PF Pads + 5.1 Fluid, Autolusso Braided Brake Lines, MTech Short-Shifter, Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose, Refurbed Q2's + Some to add later.
County: Baleares

Member car:

147 2.0TS

I just installed bose a subwoofer this week, great improvement. However, I would not recommend a complete bose kit. I don't like that the bose door speakers lack separate tweeters. Full range speakers like the Bose are placed so low that the sound comes below my legs. I prefer door speakers with separate tweeters, having the tweeters above my leg where I can hear it, is an improvement. I have Pioneer speakers, woofers need adapter rings, tweeters just sit in some foam, quite easy to install.
Another mandatory upgrade is replacing the original Blaupunkt head unit with someting better. Upgrading to a Sony XAV-601BT dual DIN was a great improvent, is it so much better. It sounds better and has million features. For example I can duplicate the display from my HTC phone to the Sony, so I can use the phones SAT navigator in the Sony. Only minor backdraw is that you loose the display info in the instrument cluster, I can live with that.
Good luck with your upgrade

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bose , facelifted