My 156 is struggling.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-15 Thread Starter
County: -
My 156 is struggling..

Hi all,

First time posting, sadly having to introduce myself with a rather complicated set of events. Complicated for me anyway.

So about 6 months ago my 156 was jacked wrong. If you view the picture in the link below, was jacked next to one of the top red X's on the drivers side. So right next to the drivers door the floor is slightly bent upwards. A disgrace I know.

156 Front Photo by romeoraider | Photobucket

Few weeks after this happened, the control arms/wishbones/bushes needed replacing. Mechanic said they were in terrible shape - all of a sudden out of nowhere.

Several months onwards fuel economy went to the dogs. My 156 2.0 TI now can only manage 600kms on a full tank if I'm lucky, and the handing and feel of the car is definitely impaired, getting worse and worse.

When coasting in 4th gear, occasionally a tugging or pulling sensation is felt which doesn't occur when coasting along in neutral, or even 3rd gear.

Also, occasional misfires in the cylinders - the 4th cylinder according to Alfadiag now happen that have never before

Basically, hoping someone will confirm my fears. So I can organize a mechanic to get welding in there and see what's going on.

Thanks gratefully to the Alfa community for any help.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Lincolnshire
New upper and lowe wishbones - call alfa shop. 4 wheel alignment - someone who is good!!!!! Will handle like a gem!

Few reasons for the msfire. Look af spark plugs, maf, intake. - the simple stuff.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , struggling