50 amp fuse for ABS god that was fun - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Cry Like A Baby 50 amp fuse for ABS god that was fun

Well got the sump on after three attempts and doing the bearings end shells etc, Just need to MOT the 156 1.6 TS, but Fuse was blowen for the ABS, I stupidly rang the stealer to find out if the had one in stock and Noooooo, being a saterday I went to my normal car parts shops eg the motor factors and Noooo weve never seen a fuse like that,

So i thought Go Home have a cuppa and see what the fuse fits in, Liftes the bonnet of my trusty 820 T Vitesse and yip the same size fuses just forked at the end not holes. so thought scrap yards,

there were hundreds of cars and No Alfas or Rover 800s, so started looking at one end and worked across,

guess what 1-200 cars later and still not one fuse that resembled the Alfas, one car left with a knackered bonnet realese, crow bar sorted that, and there they were a line of 4 fuses looking just like the alfa ones but with no red cover, guess no one uses them apart from.

Seat in the 95 ish Ibiza and Rover in the 800 oh and alfa,

Looked at the Fiats and the Land rovers etc, anyway free fuse but took two hours and now the ABS light stays off after the diagnosis, only one of the 4 fuses was 50 amp BTW,

just to run some salt into the wound, the truck the scrap yard ownes came in just as i was leaving with a Rover 800 on the back just as i was leaving,. LOL

Lesson learnt, Always start at the end and work backwards, but hang on I did I started at the right hand side of the yard and worked back to the rear then to the left, LOL.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: 50 amp fuse for ABS god that was fun

Glad to hear you sorted your ABS
Mine took months to fix
I have a spare fuse if you ever need one again

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

abs , amp , fun , fuse , god