Few niggly problems... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Suffolk
Hmmm Few niggly problems...

First thing, over the past few weeks whenever I turn the steering wheel about 45 degrees in either direction I get a sort of knocking thud sound - which I can 'feel' through the steering.

I've jacked the car up to see if there are any visual signs of what could be happening - initially looks fine, no cracks or movement. I'm guessing it could possibly be the CV joint, does anyone know what I need to look out for visually to diagnose the problem?

Secondly, I keep hearing a sort of tinkly sound when bringing the clutch out usually at low revs (2500-3000). I thought it maybe a bit of metal banging against the exhaust or something. However, there is box which is just back from the manifold which is made out of like metal mesh - haven't got a clue what this is! If I tap the pipe next to it with my hand I can hear something resonating inside like a loose bit of metal or something bouncing around. Does anyone know what this part is and can it be removed to find out whats inside?

ALFA Brera S 2.2 #350

- Alfa Red
- Xenon Lights

Join the Alfa Brera S Owners Group on Facebook

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

niggly , problems