Why is the 147 steering/drive so fragile Grrr - noise from front - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 23-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Why is the 147 steering/drive so fragile Grrr - noise from front

Yesterday a clicking/clapping developed suddenly from the front drivers side, its a click/clap that happens with the rotation of the wheels. Noticeable at low speeds but cant hear it 35mph+.
The clicking also gets louder when turning left, but doesnt click when turning right.

Now before everyone says its the Drive shaft, I had a new drivers drive shaft put in in February and have done 8K since, I have also had a new power steering pump last year. A pebble in the road would put the bloody steering out and break something too. I swerve every dent/hole/roughness in the road for fear of damageing something, 2 months ago I hit pot hole pretty bad and told the council that if any damage is found in the comeing months they would have to pay, and they said they have made a note of it. So it looks like im going to have to make a claim with them.

So does anyone have sugeestions as to what it could be?

So far i've had:
-New steering pump last year,
-New drivers drive shaft Feb' this year.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , fragile , front , grrr , noise , steering or drive