156 2.0 TS 1999 Model Idle Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2lts

156 2.0 TS 1999 Model Idle Problems

I have a 156 2.0 TS 1999 Model and I have been Experiencing persistent idling problems. I tried to tackle it in phases. First I fixed the exhaust. Throttle body was dirty and replaced it. Cambelt changed for safety and timing set. Fan belt was replaced. Now I changed the idle actuator and it seems to idle at 3000. I tried the reset procedure. Remove battery connector for half hour and tried the self adjust when power again. Not working as well. ?I may have fidled on the adjuster on the throttle body and turned it back (i hope) ... any ideas please

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: 156 2.0 TS 1999 Model Idle Problems

I am having an idle problem also, but I think mine is caused by the breather system which also has an effect on the fuel pressure regulator. Over rich mixture on tickover, hence the idle problem. I have to find the time to sort mine out. Mine will tickover all day long, but not smoothly, it sort of fires on all cylinders, then misses a turn, then fires again, but all day long! Have tried cam timing, throttle body, MAF, plugs, coils, reset ECU. As I said, my last hope is the breather system, might be useful for you to try also.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: 156 2.0 TS 1999 Model Idle Problems

You both need to get the cars on a diagnostic to find out exactly what is wrong. It could be a number of things: lambda, maf, thermostat sensor, idle actuator, etc.

Just disconnecting the battery or trying the throttle reset won't fix all the problems.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 1999 , idle , model , problems