Alfa GT for sale - 2006 Diesel
Hi guys, just seeing if there's any forum interest before I put up a proper ad:
- 2006 Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm 155PS (Non-DPF)
- 2 Owners (I'm the second)
- 66,000 miles (at least 45-50,000 are from motorway alone)
- Full dealership service history until I bought it, where it's been serviced by the Waterfall Alfa romeo specialist in Bridgend.
- Cambelt changed just before I bought it in 2012, however it is now due a second change (will be completed before sale)
- Negro carbonio black with red leather interior
- First bought from Eric Ashmole in Swansea by a local (Carmarthen) and has been serviced by Ashmole prior to closing and then Looker's in Cardiff. Sold to me in 2012 with 43,000 miles on the clock car used solely to commute from Carmarthen to Swansea on the M4. Rear seats had never been used. I live 30minutes down the road in Bridgend, so local car.
- HPI clear when bought, and no accidents or issues since owning
- Has never failed an MOT, if I remember correctly the only advisory I've had since I've had it was for uneven tyre wear on the front... Which was promptly fixed with two new tyres and four wheel laser alignment.
- Front wishbones/arms, rollbar and droplinks have been replaced recently, genuine Alfa parts and fitted by Waterfall garage
- Eibach pro-kit springs and Alfisti rear hubcentric spacers fitted (Handling is terrific and it looks a lot better 20mm lower and with the wider rear track)
- Brand new Falken 914 fitted all-round (225/40/18)
- Brand new Seat Leon Cupra front splitter to the front, purely aesthetic but the car feels more 'solid' at 70mph
- Bosch S5 battery fitted late last year
- New glow plugs, relay fitted in 2013 (all genuine/Bosch). EGR cleaned every 6 months
- New doorhandle hinges fitted
- New pads & disks on the rear (Mintex)
- Has the air pump & tyre sealant kit, but I also have a space saver and jack kit that I use on longer trips.
- Fantastic condition for the age, interior looks as new minus the usual wear to front drivers seats (shiny bolster and odd superficial mark from trouser buttons) and a heel-print on the driver floor mat
-Some stone chips to bonnet/bumper as expected
-Minor dents to the side that have been repaired by a PDR specialist (Noticeable if you look very carefully in the right light - only the typical car door versus thin Alfa metal, nothing major)
-Everything is working, A/C is cold, cruise control is fine, clutch bites well and isn't heavy etc
- Smokey startup due to partially blanked EGR, apparently it's caused by the battery being drained while left overnight and making the car turn over once or twice more than needed. Advised that a trickle charger once a month should fix any issues but hasn't bothered me.
- The rear bumper has a mark where it looks like it was reversed slowly into a wall and painted over . I didn't even notice when I checked it out before buying it but there is a mark present
- The driver's side window switch (physical rocker switch) has snapped a loop on one side. It works fine but needs repairing or replacing. Just slightly loose is all.
- Clutch spring squeaks, annoying
I think I'd let it go for around £4,400 ish considering that it's been well looked after, is in fantastic condition (It still smells like a new car) and no expense spared. Does have a few age related issues as mentioned above but all in, if you're looking for a car that'll be reliable and trouble free for another 9 years, this is the one. Comes with a spare key, touch up pen, few spare bits and a folder full of receipts and documented service/MOT history.
Last edited by CeReD; 30-07-15 at 11:08.