speed cameras burnt out - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
Boring Re: speed cameras burnt out

Well I dont speed very oftern and when I do its because I am not looking at the speedo because some prat is swerving all over the road or about to ram the side of me.

But hey I am fighting a speeding fine at the moment. Not my car but me driving, Newish car, Slow car, and guess what there saying i was doing 37 in a 30 zone, now we have tested the car and if the car is travaling at 37 MPH the speedo reads 42MPH, Where i was allegedly doing 37 was and still is one of the worst layed out areas.

basicly you have a straght road with the chippy and takeaways to the left and ind park on the right, then a dip under a bridge then shops on the right and what used to be a zebra crossing just after you get up the other side, loads of kids were hit there due to people driving under the dip past the cars parked up for the takeaways watching for there doors opening haveing to also look out for people running across for the food and having no clear view of the zebra crossing due to it being higher then the roof of the car.

you come up at 30 MPH from a Big dip to find some poor kid staning not 30 yards in front of you in the middle of the road.

anyway I know I wasnt speeding but still have to prove it. I saw the van I checked my speed and know the road so never drive at speed there ever. and the accidents have not stopped due to the van being there twice a year, It because they changed the Zebra crossing for a Traffic light System so now you can see that youre going to have to stop. in fact the accidents didnt stop until they changed that.

Anyway RANT over
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 31 Old 17-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 156 2.4jtd

Re: speed cameras burnt out

i know jades crossing, i know the story as well but that crossing should of been there before the incident happend all the local people always asked the council to build one. speed cameras in some places have a very good purpose, im not a maniac i do drive sensibly but only go over a bit when its safe to. (not 50 in a 30 zone) im talking dual carriageways 50 - 65. if more crossings were built instead of the fat cat councils pocketting the money giving them to wardens then crossing the road would be far safer. why do us brits put up with so much shxt if we were french we would string up the goverment.
im very sorry if ive offended anyone with my post. and only put your foot down(a bit) when u know its kinda safe to (ie motorway)
AO Member

Member car:

Spider S4

Mooney Re: speed cameras burnt out

Originally Posted by simon156jtd View Post
dont know about your guys areas but down in sutton surrey there is someone going around blasting the hell out of these things on my way back earlier there are usally around 10 cameras = everyone burnt out
good on em whoevers doing it if they need sponsors il donate. lol
If you go down the A217 and turn off for Box Hill (what was once a great stretch of road) you will see some torched cameras. I know that when they get replaced the bikers cover them with black bin sacks when they have their meets at the hill! Takes me back to my student days in the early 70's with protests against state!
County: -

Member car:

GT cloverleaf Q2

very clever i wonder how much those camera's will cost the tax payer then.
AO Silver Member
County: Powys

Last winter during the snows I saw a police man with his speed camers out with 4 or 5 inches of the white stuff on the road WTF.
He should have been given a shovel to dig people out.
The police are there to do a job, not a nice one at times. I hate speed cameras, and I have been known to exceed the speed limit now and again, but theres a time and a place. People in cars , thats the answer, not money generating cameras which are there to catch people not to reduce speeds.....
AO Member
County: Kent

Originally Posted by G5een View Post
very clever i wonder how much those camera's will cost the tax payer then.
14k each - but those safety partnerships pay for them out of their collected fines (allegedly) - so replacing torched ones means they can't put up new ones quite as quickly as they might have liked to. Shame.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

burnt , cameras , speed