Problems with 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Glasgow
Problems with 147

Hi, I have a 147 selespeed and had my timing belt done recently but after a few days I started to get a rattling noise which the dealer put down to a faulty tensioner. They replaced this but I seem to have been left with a few more problems.

Firstly when I start the car the idle is all over the place and the revs keep dropping but as soon as I drive off the engine seems fine. It happens again as soon as stop at traffic lights but is gone completely after a few miles. The next problem is a sort of rattling sound which sounds like a loose heat shield but it only happens when the car changes up gear or when I put my foot down. Is at it worst when I drive up an incline in too high a gear.

Iím planning on taking the car back to the dealer as soon as I have some time but any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Re: Problems with 147

could be a

sticky throttle valve
knackered maf or lambda..

AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
Re: Problems with 147

i would go for the sticky throttle also, had the exact same concern with mine after a rebuild, get the dealer to clean the throttle out properly, then if they damage it they replace it, rather than you cleaning it and breaking it and then being buggered. they shouldnt charge you anything for this as its rectifying something they should have done before giving you the car back

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , problems