156 Sele running temp - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 Sele running temp

Hi guys,

Well, after spending 2440 at Ferdi's having a new actuator, variator, front disks, disk pads, cam belts, tensioners, front upper suspension arms and sump plug changed I'm wondering whether something else is lurking in the background waiting to strike at my wallet. I've noticed recently that the running temp is consistently at the three-quarter mark on the guage. This was today - on the M4, doing 70mph, ambient temp 19deg, flatish road, aircon OFF. The temp dropped back to midway (90) off the gas, downhill etc. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal. About 10K miles ago I had the thermostat and rad fuse replaced. The car has done 94K miles. Maybe the engine is knackered and it just gets hot? It does burn 1 litre of oil every 1200 miles...

Any ideas before I call Alfanatic; he's my local guy - Ferdi was absolutely great - nice guy, very enthusiastic (I've never heard the Sele actuator been described as a 'work of art' before!) but he is 250 miles away..

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0ts

Re: 156 Sele running temp

sounds like it could be an airlock in the cooling system

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , running , sele , temp