147 Selespeed... Lots of problems... PLEASE HELP!
If only I could lay my hands on a Haynes manual for a 147 I wouldn't be here, but I can't seem to get a manual from anywhere, so hopefully the combined experiences of all of my fellow Alfa owners can help me (Fingers crossed). I apologise in advance for any silly questions...
OK I have a Y reg 147 2.0 Selespeed, which is one hell of a fast car that has the potential to be the best car I have owned. Except...
1. Crankshaft output sensor has started to fail on me, so I am going to get that sorted as I have now had to be recovered twice, hopefully this will stop the random breakdowns that have crept in recently. Does anyone know of a good indie Alfa dealer in North Hamphire? I'm in Andover...?
2. The Connect system sometimes decides to just flash on and off. Alfa screen, 5 seconds later off again, then Alfa screen, repeat until bored. Normally starts working again after a few minutes but really annoying.
3. I repeatedly get a 'number plate light failure' when my lights are off, but never when the lights are on (number plate light works fine).
4. My aircon doesn't do anything below normal outside air temp, any tips for what to check or should I just go to KwikFit?
5. On the subject of aircon, why does it keep trying to switch to screen even though I want it to just blow on the middle vents? Sometimes I just want it to do what I tell it to do!!!
6. My auto wipers aren't QUITE as auto as they should be. When set on auto they do nothing unless I change the speed setting or go to manual and back to auto, as if I have to 'prompt' them to work! Surely if it's raining heavily they should just WORK??!!
7. The 'Locked' light for the door locks normally glows orange when I lock the doors, but sometimes after I start the car it goes red and stays red for a short while. This is irrespective of whether I have locked the doors or not. This may not be a fault but is just weird.
8. Is there a way I can stop the warning system beeping at absolutely EVERYTHING? It really gets on my nerves when the tiniest thing i.e. low fuel causes beeps. It's ok having it display it in the driver info screen, but I don't need the constant beeps to remind me! Can I shut it up?
9. On the subject of beeps, is there any way of stopping the central locking beeping outside, as it's a bit of a pain late at night in my residential area, the neighbours must really hate it!!!
10. FINALLY, the Sat Nav. Oh my God. Whenever I try to input an address where the town is in the higher end of the alphabet (especially 'S') it takes anything from 1 to 10 minutes to get to choose the next latter in the town. Is this an inherent problem or is there anything I can do to speed things up?
I realise this is a HUGE first post, but I have a lot of issues, some minor, some major. Any advice you lovely people could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by jpneathey; 05-08-07 at 20:56.