Top Tip. For some anyway... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Top Tip. For some anyway...

Ever since I've had my gt I've always hated the shiny steering wheel, my cars done 68k and the steering wheel was smooth and very shiny like it had done double that. I've been looking at wheels on ebay hoping to get a bargain on a replacement.

Anyway, this weekend I've been painting the lower engine cover on the V6 in that crackle red (looks great, just need to sand back the fins and the writing, then lacquer) and to prepare the suface I brought some pre-paint wipes from halfords for 1.79. Looking on the back it says they remove grease and contaminants, so I thought I'd try it on my steering wheel and gear knob and hey presto I now have a matt black leather steering wheel again with the grain of the leather showing through again. No need for a replacement now and to top it off when I changed my broken door handle I had to replace the damgaged screw cover on the interior grab handle. This meant I had a shiny handle with a new matt black screw cover, which made the rest of the handle look worse. Wipes to the rescue again! all the grease and rubbish removed and new part doesnt jump out at you anymore.

3.2GT V6 - Gabbiano Blue - M-Tec Shortshifter - Wizard Cat Back - Rest standard

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

tip , top