156 2.4 not good vibrations. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 02-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD SW

156 2.4 not good vibrations.

Hi all, nice to find some like minded Alfa heads. Have a problem with a 2.4 JTD SW, and would appreciate any help/advice available. On accellerating in right hand bends, on good surfaces, as opposed to the lumpy surfaces prevalent here in the green Isle, I get a severe vibration coming from the left hand front of the car, which in turn vibrates the whole vehicle. It will do it on a straight, again if the surface is smooth, as well, not as severe though, but not on left hand bends. My thinking is clutch, engine/gearbox mounting or driveshaft. Tyres are good and car drives perfectly otherwise, for 87k. Its a 2003 with 150 bhp owned from new by me. Had anti-roll bar and top wishbones replaced at 84k. They had a good poke around at the time but could not find anything obvious. There is some clutch judder when cold but no slippage. On a lighter note, I adore this car and even if I was inclined can not think of anything I would wish to replace it with. Have noticed the petrol/diesel debate on these pages, and having owned a selespeed previously (loved the gearbox, cop in an unmarked 2.5 V6 told me he experienced huge difficulties trying to catch up with me to have a chat with me about my enthusiastic driving style) I much prefer the torque coupled with 45 mpg rather than 30. Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , good , vibrations