Alfa Romeo 156 wont start tried everything
Hi my name is Derek156 and i'm new to the site, so thank you for accepting me and i'm happy to own an Alfa Romeo. I bough a 2000 Romeo 156 2 weeks ago but I cant drive it home. I'm very angry because I want to drive the car on the road. I have read hours of post on here trying to find a cure and have changed many parts but still can't fix the problem.
Here is the problem: The car will turn over and act/sound like it wants to start but it wont. when I spray starter fluid in the throttle body the car will start but idles low. When I put my foot on the gas it acts like it wants to choke and die but if you continuously tap on it until you get it around 3000 rpm's and press the pedal to the floor it will rev to 6000 just fine. when I let go of the gas it goes back to a rough idle and tries to die. When I get it to a point where I can rev it I don't here any abnormal engine knocks or noises so I don't think the timing is off.
Here is what I've done so far.
- I have spark on all 8 wires, so all coils are working
- I have cleaned and tested all 4 injectors and tested them in the car and they are working
- I have replaced all 8 spark plugs, MAF, engine wire harness, crankshaft sensor, battery, duct that connects the MAF to the throttle body.
- I have done the ECU reset with the throttle reset
- I checked the antenna wire from the key barrel to the code immobilizer and reset the connectors.
- I checked all hoses, vents, and conectors
- I don't have another key or a red key
- I had a garage come to the car and run a diagnostic and no error codes are showing. When they check the coolant temp with the key in MAR it reads -33C but when you try and start the car it goes to 22C they think it may be my coolant temp sensor so i'm replacing that tomorrow.
I really don't know what else to do and am devastated because I want so badly to drive the car. Please if you can offer any suggestions or help that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.