156 and the floods, - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

to many

156 and the floods,

Driving home on friday i drove through a lot of water and my car started to make a zip noise from the the front, checked all the pullies and the lower tensioner has a dry bearing. Any one any idea how easy it is to change???

Also the the gear leaver has gone really stiff if you move it side to side. i checked the oil and its nice and clear in both the engine dif & box, sprayed grease on the lift lever on top of the gearbox but its still wont move properly. i also pulled the selector box out from under the car but there was no water in it.

Anyone any ideas or am i looking at new cables???

After being over taken by porsche cayennes etc on the way home i didnt find the one on the bridge down the road amusing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20070721_168.jpg (83.4 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Re: 156 and the floods,

I confess I am sitting here in Crete counting Alfas here and there and having not seen a cloud for a week, looking at Sky news with increasing horror at what some areas of the UK look like, partic the severn valley and now looking at the Thames valley.

As my home is below sea level anyway I'm wondering if South Lincs still exists, though the Coningsby weather station is not telling too dire a story.

Once of my wife's ex colleagues has just taken up a seniorish post in Environmental health in.......Tewkesbury...

Best wishes to all who are badly affected.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , floods