Clock spring - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Clock spring

I have bought a used squib off eBay, while I have not had the steering wheel off yet, is the job fairly straight forward to do ?, I'm hopeing that is the root cause of my horn not working !, I have removed the airbag & got to the horseshoe , but I think I have to remove the steering wheel & the squib is there!, is there anything to watch our for ?, or is it a straight swop for swop?.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Are you replacing a squib or a clock-spring?
If you are replacing the airbag only, just disconnect the battery, have a cup of tea, undo the 3 (I think Allen head) bolts and the airbag comes off. Disconnect the wire from the back of the airbag and install the new airbag. The plastic horseshoe thing doesn't need to be disturbed. That only needs disconnecting if the wheel is coming off. It stays on the wheel, doesn't need to come off as a separate part.
AO Silver Member
County: Durham

Member car:

VW Tiguan smoker

When I had my 156 the horn didn't work around 4 years ago, theirs a thread on here explains how to get the horn to work, behind the air bag their is a circuit board which can become faulty this is the horn you need to solder a wire to the correct contact points which kind of by passes the faulty circuit board. Do a search it's was a good how to guide with pictures
AO Silver Member
County: Devon
^ I carried out this fix a few weeks ago and got away without soldering but just being very careful in twisting new wire onto the necessary contact points. Thirty minutes work (an hour including letting the airbag capacitors discharge) and 0....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clock , spring