Headlight / indicators stopped working (temporarily) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

'99 156 2.5 V6

Headlight / indicators stopped working (temporarily)

Morning all

About 1 month ago I was driving in very heavy rain, and the yellow "dead bulb" light was showing on the dash, and had been for about a week (hadn't got around to replacing it). Went to pass someone, but due to low visibility they were in the middle of the two lanes so I beeped at them, and immediately the "dead bulb" light went off.

Then, I had another strange issue last Saturday. Started the car like normal, got to the bottom of the driveway and realized the lights weren't working correctly. The headlights would only operate in "park" mode (low-light), and the indicators were not working at all (no lights, no tick, nothing).

Pulled over after 1min and turned the whole car off and on again (learned that from watching IT crowd), and everything started operating correctly.

Do these sorts of strange electrical mishaps happen to anyone else? And should they be ignored?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

156 2.0TS

Sounds like a bad earth somewhere?. My '99 156 has developed an intermittent sidelight fault. Works OK until you put the bulb holder back into the lamp, then goes off. Just a loose solder joint. Could just go round wiggling the wires and see what goes off.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

and in addition how's your battery voltage under load. ?

I had all sorts of weirdness happen up to my battery dieing and since replacement every fault has cleared up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

headlight , indicators , stopped , temporarily , working