156 2.4JTD 20v or 3.2GTA?!?!?!?!?! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Re: 156 2.4JTD 20v or 3.2GTA?!?!?!?!?!

sounds like a typical company car return! someone asked of it then left the company soon after. well thats what it sounds like!
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: South Lanarkshire

Originally Posted by alfa_aficionado View Post
I then test drove a 2.4JTDm Veloce SW @ Desiras which was also impressive performance wise. The suspension setup is completely different though and I did bottom out once or twice! Would the Lusso model be set up differently?
As said - the veloce is the sports setting and is still too soft. Some on the forum cured the problem by modding the suspension - I don't know if that's a possibility for you but, if it is, just do a search in this lounge.
Peter K

Originally Posted by alfa_aficionado View Post
They were very kerbed! I think they probably would refurbish them as part of the deal - TBH I was more concerned with the state of the driver's seat (it wasn't just creasing) and just thought that overall for a car that has only reportedly done 16,000 miles it perhaps wasn't the best cared for example.
As mentioned a few times before, 156 with the interior facelift (around 2002 onwards) have had a lot of problems with malfunctioning Speedometers.. It was solved by installing a new one FOC, but unfortunately the miles clocked is stored in the speedo itself and not the main ECU, which means you cant always trust the shown milage..it might only be miles driven since the speedo was changed..So check the cars history very carefully...
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 JTDm 20v

Hi Peter K, I made the comment of turning music up, and you don`t hear the sound of the engine, but in no way did I make a comparison to the speed and sound of a diesel being equivalent to a 3.2 V6, however my point was I personally do not drive listening to an engine note and the FACT the 20v multijet is a fairly quick car and also economical. Which I believe is a fair reply to the original question.
On the note of the 5 pot diesel sound and performance, I gave a lift`to two of my mates, who have formely had a string of fast cars and bike owners and their remarks where , doesn,t sound like a diesel and goes well.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Buy the GTA and have an LPG conversion. A few grand up front for a professional job with the latest kit, but then you have diesel economy and the GTA V6. Oh, and if you want to really hammer the pedal, press a little button and switch to that 20mpg petrol.
AO Silver Member
County: -

GTA and LPG I prefer to shoot myself first....

ps: About the sound of my QVD/JTD I should get it on video camera so you can hear it.

And I said while moving

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 20v , 24jtd , 32gta