Hi there. i have a alfa 147 and i recently bought some parking sensors for it. I want to fit it on the rear bumper but i aint got a clue how to take the bumper off. Does anybody have a rough guide on how to remove the rear bumper! ! ! ! Respec
Ugh, not easily!
Just checked. you need to:
1. Remove the numberplate lights (disconnect)
2. Remove the "Side Rubbing Strips/Skirts" (the little guys like mudflaps behind the wheels (2 nuts, 1 clip each)
3. Remove the wheel Arch carpet covers each side (2 bolts midway behind strut, 2 bolts under car each end, one bolt upwards in middle behind strut)
4. Open boot, raise car on stands.
5. Remove bolts at top of bumper in cill area (4 bolts)
6. Undo outer side bumper bolts (under car, behind wheel arch) (1 bolt each side)
7. Remove top inner side bolts (inside wheel arch, 2 each side)
8. Open little flaps inside boot on side panel (under tail light access), and remove 2 bolts.
9. Remove lower rear bolts (3 at back of bumper underneath).
10. Catch bumper as it falls on your head.
Alternatively, practice parking with traffic cones till you learn the length of the car, or don't bother parallel parking (nobody else seems to know how to do it these days!
Hope that's some help