There are some seriously misleading instructions around on removing the rear bumper. To be generous it could be that early cars - pre 05 facelift are completely different ... but.. having just done it on my 56 reg Ti.. here is the real gen:-
1. Remove 4 off Torx screws along the line hidden by the rear door edge - very obvious T30 is the size with an M6 thread.
2. Remove the 2 self tappers into clips that hold the wheelarch trim - one at bottom corner one at the top.
3. Push the wheelarch trim - tough cardboard - to one side to access two per side of the same Torx screws as in the boot edge. Need a long driver coming from below one at front corner one right back.
4. Remove three more Torx along bottom edge onto spare wheel well.
5. Then slide out bumper unclipping plug for parking sensors (if fitted) and twist to remove number plate bulbs.
I made the mistake of following instructions elsewhere on this forum to access Torx by removing internal trim.. not necessary!!!
Time to remove - about 15 minutes.
Last edited by pete Y; 30-05-12 at 15:26.