2 stroke oil and millerd ecomax..much improved mpg - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
2 stroke oil and millerd ecomax..much improved mpg

I have been trying both 2 stroke oil (mineral ashless) and millers ecomax...

both improved diesel clatter and both reduced smoke output,the car also seemed a bit more willing to open up with the 2 stroke, with the millers a definite performance gain, small but enough to notice.

both also improved the MPG but the millers is looking like a 15% increase in MPG overall..!

my commute is the same every week and involves a very mixed bag of country/town and M-way and I log my mileage for work as I get some money back...

last week I covered brim to low fuel warning a total of 510 miles..I reckon there is 4 litres in reserve so overall i'm getting around 600 a tank..

this week so far i have covered 510 miles and the fuel gauge is shwoing a 1/4, left, it did just over 300 miles to the halfway mark.

bear in mind I have a heavy right foot and don't tend to ''hang about'' on M-ways..

I reckon if I had the discipline to drive really economically I could get easy 650-700 out of a tank especially cruising at below 70mph in 6th ,the revs are around 1300 at this speed.

so bottom line I can say both the 2 stroke and the millers are worth the money.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Millers 100% defo works, for less smoke, more mpg and better power - I use it, but only every 4 tankfuls or so, as that seems to work.
AO Silver Member
County: Devon
Can't honestly say I ever noticed a difference with millers... Tried single dose and double dose, and keep a close eye on fuel receipts/odometer readings...

Might be that my engine gets plenty of high temp motorway running so there's not much junk for the millers to get to work on... Maybe just me by the sounds of it mind!
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
I've been trying the 2 stroke oil! Last weekend I did 200 miles 150 motorway cruise set at 70 and the rest localish! Brim to brim as I always do and I got 50.1 mpg which I thought wasn't bad.The trip read 53mpg when I got to coventry off the A46,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ecomaxmuch , improved , millerd , mpg , oil , stroke