GT 6th gear only judder and rev problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-03-15 Thread Starter
County: Izmir
GT 6th gear only judder and rev problem

A couple of months ago I noticed that there was a judder in 6th gear between 2000-2500 rpm in my GT 1.9 JTDm. It was not very annoying so I didn't care about it.

However, today I felt a lack of power in 6th gear and tried to find the reason. Then I noticed that when the car is in 6th gear and I give full throttle around 2000-2500 rpm the revs go up to 2800-3000 but the car barely accelerates. Then the revs and speed match around 2800rpm.

First I thought that the clutch was gone and it was time to replace but then I saw that this does not happen in other gears. Only in 6th, and only between 2000-2500 rpm. The car currently has 105.000 km on the clock (around 65k miles) and as far as I know the previous owner changed the clutch at 70.000 km (45k miles).

Do you think it is the clutch or is it possible that there might be another reason?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Sounds more like Dual Mass Flywheel issues....was this replaced at the same time as the clutch? It is normally good practice to do so as its pretty much job half done when replacing the clutch....the rev range you state is pretty much when the peak torque will be kicking in and putting it under more load....also is the car mapped?

AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Clutches are more likely to slip in higher gears.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 24-03-15 Thread Starter
County: Izmir
Yes the DMF was replaced as well. The car was remapped by Allcartuning 6K miles ago and according to them the car is supposed to give 180hp and 375nm.

Probably I'm going to wait until the clutch starts to slip in other gears and then change both clutch and DMF again. I guess the remap created far too much torque for the clutch to handle.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

6th , gear , judder , problem , rev