No, don't know what they are on about, sounds more like the door card fasteners around the edge of the door they are talking about.... I take it you only want to remove the switch assembly from the door? If so its only one screw and you prise the unit out and disconnect (step 1 to 3 and then dis-assemble away from car so not to lose any parts).
If you want to remove the whole panel then you follow the procedure below, take from pubsinger's thread.... I thought other people were talking about taking the switch itself apart, but don't know why they would lose parts inside the door
when you can unplug and remove the whole switch?
1. Remove all screws on bottom edge including the one in the light
2. (Driver's side only) Remove screw in middle of door card below arm rest, this screw secures the electric window switch node.
3. Remove electric window switch node, this just prises out, disconnect plug(s) to node.
3. Undo allen bolt that is revealed by removing switch node.
4. Use a very small screwdriver or maybe a stanley blade, to lift up an edge of the blank in the interior door grab handle, once you have something to get a decent screwdriver behind prise out the blank. These are easy to mark as is the handle itself, some members order replacement blanks in advance and simply drill a hole in the existing blank and lever it out. The part numbers are RH #735351270 and LH #735351271 or #71775574 for the pair.
5. Undo allen head bolt revealed by removing the blank.
6. Pull off interior triangular trim that covers the mirror fixings.
7. I also removed the mirror, 3 x torx bolts but looking back I don't think this was necessary.
8. Remove popper from interior, top, rear edge of door. If you can get this off without breaking it, let us all know.
9. Use a small head screwdriver to prise the circular blank behind the interior handle that opens the door.
10. Remove screw revealed by removing the blank and remove the black plastic door handle surround.
11. The door card is now just held on by the poppers on the vertical edges, carefully prise the edges away from the door, these seemed to be much more forgiving, not one of them broke.
12. Disconnect door light connector.
13. Grab both edges of the card and rock it up and off the door.
Here Is some instruction with images for the above