How many Miles your JTD has.. or Not? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Crazed How many Miles your JTD has.. or Not?

I read topics about how many miles your JTD lasted, but no one asks how many miles didn't last?

I want to see if there are unexpected sever engine problems, like premature cambelt fails, engine blown or manual gearbox blown, etc.

If you had any please specify engine type and state like miles, remaped or not or others!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
My 156 1.9 jtd mjet 16v has covered 148,000 miles without a glitch. Well that is subjective I suppose. I did have to replace the engine oil pump back in January 2013....oil light flickered on and off when cornering. The fault lay with the screws retaining the pump gears. I applied Loctite to the threads on the screws of the new pump. No cam belt/water pump failures as I do that job every 36 to 40,000 miles. Engine oil and filter is replaced every 6 - 7,000 miles with full synthetic premium quality stuff. Clutch, flywheel and gearbox remain original, exhaust system remains original (but not for much longer). In my opinion, regular servicing and preventative maintainence is key to a long and happy life. I am aware of a 147 jtd in Dublin with 250,000+ miles under its belt...also without a 'glitch'.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , miles