156SW Rear Rotating Badge Replacement? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 V6 SW

156SW Rear Rotating Badge Replacement?

So got my first V6 156SW last year by accident (didn't want to take a bus replacement service , bought an alfa instead, story for another thread!) and happily it sailed through its first MOT and has only needed a pair of front tyres since then.

Next MOT is due in Easter and unfortunately I think the usual front suspension will be required plus the clutch is feeling a bit wobbly but that'll be for the garage to look at.

What I would like to ask is how easy it is to sort this out:

Some little oik thought it would be funny to snap of the rear rotating badge and it's absence is driving me nuts! Possible to just replace the badge or do I need to replace the whole door lock?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
You can replace the badge only. The simple way is to simply get a replacement - its a badge with a peg on it - and push the peg through - the remains of the existing badge will just push through. They are quite a tight fit, so it'll stay in place.......

The correct way to do it is to remove the inner cover from the tailgate. Peering behind bits of sheet-metal, you should be able to see the remains of the old badge peg, with a C-clip securing a plastic "tophat" and a spring onto the old peg.....extract this (if it hasn't already fallen into the depths of the tailgate) and carefully remove the clip, tophat and spring. Push the new badge in as above, and, using your double jointed wrists, fit the spring, tophat and C-clip to the new badge.

Strictly speaking you should have asmall spring fitted on the outside to damp any badge movement, but its not vital.

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156sw , badge , rear , replacement , rotating