Confusion: Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTDm Q2 170 HP "Sport Pack" ? [Not Ducati Corse] - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By baxter2308
  • 1 Post By ALFADOIT
  • 1 Post By typos1

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Chisinau

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9 JTD

Hmmm Confusion: Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTDm Q2 170 HP "Sport Pack" ? [Not Ducati Corse]

Hi all,
I'm a bit confused regarding that called "Sport Pack" version of Alfa 147 Q2 JTDm. Looking of buying one Ducati corse as I want to make some mods later, and the engine would be a good unit to start from, especially the injectors.
I found one model for sale that is called Q2, however is 125 kw / 170 HP version, with Sport Button, like the Ducati Corse models, but there are no side stikcers, no Ducati logo anywhere, (neither exterior, neither on seats or dashboard, anywhere) also across the sills is logo Q2.
Maybe somebody knows something about this version? The seller said that is last model, before Giulietta, so it was produced after Ducati Corse verions.
The question is, how they reached 170 HP? Is purely from remap, or, they used the same engine as the Ducati Corse one? As far as I know, the 170 HP 1.9 JTDm from Ducati corse version have at least different injectors - 0445110341, so i wonder if these injectors are used in Q2 Sport Pack version?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2209
County: North Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeryk89x View Post
Hi all,
I'm a bit confused regarding that called "Sport Pack" version of Alfa 147 Q2 JTDm. Looking of buying one Ducati corse as I want to make some mods later, and the engine would be a good unit to start from, especially the injectors.
I found one model for sale that is called Q2, however is 125 kw / 170 HP version, with Sport Button, like the Ducati Corse models, but there are no side stikcers, no Ducati logo anywhere, (neither exterior, neither on seats or dashboard, anywhere) also across the sills is logo Q2.
Maybe somebody knows something about this version? The seller said that is last model, before Giulietta, so it was produced after Ducati Corse verions.
The question is, how they reached 170 HP? Is purely from remap, or, they used the same engine as the Ducati Corse one? As far as I know, the 170 HP 1.9 JTDm from Ducati corse version have at least different injectors - 0445110341, so i wonder if these injectors are used in Q2 Sport Pack version?
Thanks.
Sport - 120bhp 8v JTDm
Q2 - 150bhp 16v JTDm + Torsen LSD (I think)
Sport Q2 - 150bhp 16v JTDm + Torsen LSD
Ducati Course - 170bhp 16v JTDm + sport button + Torsen LSD

Alfa went a bit mental with the trims towards the end of the 147/GT production, the 'Sport' trim had no leather and just the standard 8v JTDm whereas the Q2/Sport Q2/Ducati all got the 16v JTDm. Only the Ducati Course received the 170bhp tuning and sport button as standard. I'm guessing that trims can have different names in different countries but you might be able to get more info from an Alfa dealer. It might be that the car you're looking at has been de-badged but the Ducati Course cars I've seen all have a Q2 logo fitted anyway, have the decals been removed?

Now: 156 GTA | Quaife LSD | 330mm Brembos

Then: 147 Sport Q2 | Autolusso Remap | Swirl Flap & EGR Delete | Mocal Oil Cooler Kit | JTD Performance FMIC Kit | High Flow Elbow | Wizard Downpipe | PF Pads & 5.1 Fluid | Autolusso Braided Brake Lines | MTech Short-Shifter | Autolusso Silicone Turbo-to-MAF Hose | Refurbed Q2s

Last edited by baxter2308; 26-02-15 at 11:09.
(Post Link) post #3 of 15 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9 JTD

Thanks baxter for your reply.
The car has never gotten decals. The seller said that he opted for a Q2 model with sport pack, that's why he received 18" ducati corse rims, 170 HP engine with sport button (in technical passport is specified 125 KW for max. power).
The seller bought the car brand new, so he did not remove any decals... He would have known about any syickers/logos if they were there.
Is there a way to check by VIN online in a catalogue of spare parts (for exemple, putting VIN and tells you the injector code used in specified car) ?

(Post Link) post #4 of 15 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9 JTD

p.s. here is the link of car announcement: (italian language description)

Alfa Romeo 147 q2 Auto usata - In vendita Torino
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Nice!
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD (CF3)

twin exhaust, great alloys, very desirable
(Post Link) post #7 of 15 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9 JTD

agree but still thinking about engine/injectors, if they are the same as Ducati Corse ones - powerful units...
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

156 GTA

Quote:
agree but still thinking about engine/injectors, if they are the same as Ducati Corse ones - powerful units...
If you can find some new injectors for sale you give me a call, they are rare as rocking horse s@*t and not cheap. FIAT ePer parts are selling them for around 200 each so it'll get expensive very quickly. Remember everything you do costs money - but there is plenty you can do to the JTDm. Have a look at AutoNL's 272bhp JTD, most parts for this were sourced from: Performance parts for JTD engines! - JTD-performance.com

To be honest for a modest fee you can have a basic remap/EGR delete (check regulations in your country before you do this) which will give a noticeable performance boost before you start modifiying the injection system. Just remember that a heavy re-map on standard driveshafts/clutches can cause extra wear on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLUZs_eVtzA

FIAT ePER
ALFADOIT likes this.

Last edited by baxter2308; 26-02-15 at 13:22.
(Post Link) post #9 of 15 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9 JTD

I didn't even try to find some new neither used ducati injectors because it's better (in my case) to change the car as I have a 8v 115hp version and however is quite old (2005). An engine like 170bhp 1.9 JTDm 16V Q2 model that already has upgraded injectors ( the ones that many others are looking for), is a better choose to start tuning...
The guys from AutoNL used also ducati corse injectors on that 272bhp engine, but don't know where from they have bought them.
Not really impressed concerning stuff for sale on jtd-performance.com... I hoped to find out at least upgraded injectors, modified exhaust manifolds, WMI, MAP/MAF sensors and much more - that means "jtd performance" IMO.

Thanks for the Eper link.

Still nobody have any ideas about Q2 Sport Pack engine??
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
I didn't even try to find some new neither used ducati injectors because it's better (in my case) to change the car as I have a 8v 115hp version and however is quite old (2005). An engine like 170bhp 1.9 JTDm 16V Q2 model that already has upgraded injectors ( the ones that many others are looking for), is a better choose to start tuning...
The guys from AutoNL used also ducati corse injectors on that 272bhp engine, but don't know where from they have bought them.
Not really impressed concerning stuff for sale on jtd-performance.com... I hoped to find out at least upgraded injectors, modified exhaust manifolds, WMI, MAP/MAF sensors and much more - that means "jtd performance" IMO.

Bit of a late response, but I think its pretty obvious that the "Sport pack" engine with the sport button is the same as the 170 engine in the 147 Ducati and the GT Cloverleaf 170. I ve heard there was a 147 Cloverleaf with the 170 engine available in Europe, it seems like the sport pack was another way for people on the continent to get a 170 147 without the naff stickers and dubious Ducati link and badges. Pity we didnt get those options on the 147 in the UK.
Regional Representative
For the South East - AOSE

County: Kent
Garage
Nowt wrong with my little Ducati Corse....goes like stink and sticks like the proverbial **** to a blanket lol
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:

Easy tiger, Joel at JTD performance knows his stuff and his company is relatively new. I am a big fan of Joel's company and have a few of his performance mods fitted to my cloverleaf. He can even guide you with mods, his car is testament to what can be reliably achieved with our engines.

Damien.
baxter2308 likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubblows View Post
Nowt wrong with my little Ducati Corse....goes like stink and sticks like the proverbial **** to a blanket lol
Nowt wrong with mine either, but lets face it theyve got nothing to do with Ducati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
Easy tiger, Joel at JTD performance knows his stuff and his company is relatively new. I am a big fan of Joel's company and have a few of his performance mods fitted to my cloverleaf. He can even guide you with mods, his car is testament to what can be reliably achieved with our engines.

Damien.
Isnt JTD Performance JS's company ?

County: Oxfordshire
Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks.
I am just thinking about putting my Ducati Corse Q2 up for sale. It has all the markings, badges, carpets etc that you describe.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks.
Was reminded of this thread when I came across this 147 in a German classified ad, it has single zone HVAC, no SWC, but a Sport button, dark dash trim, Ducati 18s and "Veloce" badges (not sure if theyre OEM and 1 is missing), not seen that part leather trim before.

Supports what was said about the "Sport pack" on later cars that added the 170 engine, I guess it came with a Q2. And GTA rolls bars like 147 Ducatis and Q2s (and I assume GT Cloverleaf 170s).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5e.jpg (126.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg drtyi.jpg (141.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ty.jpg (99.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg yhuki.jpg (96.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg dzsrh.jpg (101.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg zdey.jpg (108.6 KB, 6 views)
baxter2308 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
170hp , confused , ducati , jtd diesel , version

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page