A bit slow on updating and one rubbish photo which is the view from my office window.
Very pleased with car, as service history up to 72,000 which includes the cam belt and water pump change, the body work is one of the straightest I have seen with only the splattering of stone chips across the front bumper, the interior is spotless. It has Bose fitted which frankly is disappointing! Overall for an additional £50 over what the insurance company has paid out I am a very happy man!
The bits to be sorted out:
- Gear knob - Paint \ aluminium is peeling.
- Radio needs changing as the head unit is light grey and the dash is dark grey.
- Slight squeak noted this morning from the upper wishbones - As someone has said spray the **** out of them with silicone spray.
- Rear tyres need changing in a couple of months.
- Cruise control does not set - Assuming just a case of checking the plunger on the clutch pedal.
- Air bag light comes on intermittently and goes out again.
My take on the JTS v JTD debate
- It may just be down to the tyres (JTS = Michelin JTD = Pirelli) but my JTS seemed to be sharper on the front, I was a lot more comfortable pushing it through corners, the front end just went were I pointed it, the JTD seems to under steer a bit.
- A lot of bad things are said about the JTS but I must have had a good one, the punch is great from the JTD, I am still changing my driving style to get the best out of it but for me coupled with the better handling the JTS gave me a James May type fizz that I don't get in the JTD. Also what goes on with the useless first gear!
- Of course a clear winner for the JTD, on my 16 mile round trip commute the JTD gives me an extra 10 mpg (trip computer) over the JTS.
- This one surprised me the most, the JTD is seems so much quieter on the motorway than the JTS, I not sure it will be the same in the summer with the windows down.